Shifting from General Certification Scheme (GCS) to Simplified Certification Scheme (SCS)
Exciting news for manufacturers involved in MTCTE certification in India!
TEC announced that seven product types have shifted from General Certification Scheme (GCS) to Simplified Certification Scheme (SCS).
The list of seven product types are as follows:
1. Cordless phones
3. PON Family of broadband Equipment
4. Transmission Terminal Equipment (SDH, Multiplexing Equipment)
5. Equipment operating in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
6. LAN Switches
These seven product types still require full testing to ER standards and test reports must still be submitted onto the MTCTE portal. However instead of having to pay the test report evaluation fee, a self-declaration of conformity for ER parameters can be utilized.
This change will come into effect on January 1, 2023. Please note that any applications filed before January 1, 2023 will be treated under GCS.
Manufacturers of these product types will reap the following benefits with this policy change:
1. The certification of these products under SCS scheme will take much less time compared the GCS scheme.
2. Since no evaluation of test reports is involved in the SCS scheme, the manufacturer of these product types will only have to pay the administrative fees, which is much less than test report evaluation fees under GCS.
If you would like to understand more regarding SCS and GCS schemes and how this change will affect you, please contact [email protected].